Sunday, February 7, 2010

MAWFIA WARRZZ

Mafia Wars was probably one of the first things that Facebook tried to get me into when I joined. I don't have any experience playing online role playing games so I just steered clear of it. I think Mafia Wars is like the original Farmville-esque game for Facebook. [Side note: I heard quite some time ago that there are more people playing Farmville than people on Twitter. I wonder if that's still true.] Every so often, before I blocked it, I got useless notifications of people asking me to "join their families" or whatever. Damn you people, getting me all excited that someone finally commented on my profile picture only to see that you just want me to join your mafia! FFFUUUUUUUUUU!

Anyway I've never played the game, so I don't quite know what the big deal is, but the fact that they're constantly advertising makes me believe that they're going strong.

Right up until I saw this nice advertisement.



What the hell is this? I understand some people do actually travel on elephants, which is pretty cool by the way, but they aren't decorated like that! That elephant is from like the BC era!

AKA THIS!!:



Mafia members don't travel on elephants! This is ridiculous. Mafia members ride in limos. How much attention would they draw to themselves if they were stomping around on an elephant? How subtle would that be for a drive by?

"Alright, Jimmy said the boss of the rival mafia would be exiting the nightclub right now, let's take him out!"
(STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP, Elephant trumpet, gunfire, STOMP STOMP STOMP away)
"The boss is dead! Noooo! If only we could figure out which mafia uses elephants as their main mode of transportation rather than cars like a normal mafia gang! It's going to be so hard to find the people who did this because elephants blend in so well when they're around a ton of other cars!"

Maybe they're just running out of ideas.





wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment