Friday, February 12, 2010

This is Big

Soupers, if you have been following this blog since its creation then you know a little more about me than most people.
You know my strengths.
You know my weaknesses.
You know what makes me happy.
You know what makes me sad.
You know my sense of humor.
You know what grinds my gears.
And yet...you still continue to read.

And to that I thank you. I know I have the support of everyone who reads this and that is something I wish I could return, but it's hard to top how much support you all have given me.

Soupers, today is an exceptional day in this life of this Wild Wombat.

There are far too many entries about my mental struggles with telling my mom about what my major is. Far too much energy spent fretting.

But today, February 12, 2009, this wombat told his mom what he plans to major in.

Literary Journalism Major. Film & Media Minor.

There was no hesitation. No lecture about career choice. No subject change.

Simply: "It's not that the career is dying. It's more of if you can market yourself and network, which I know you can do."

So what does this mean now, Soupers? It means I can actually declare the major now, without fretting.

Does it mean the end of this blog? Not a chance because I know there are going to be more times along the way where I will need the support I get from you, Soupers. And I wouldn't trade that for anything...maybe an iPad...NO! Not even an iPad!

You, Soupers, are a life line for me. I love hearing people tell me "I read you blog the other day." or "I just want you to know that I spent the entire 3 hour lecture reading you blog instead of paying attention." or "Why haven't you updated your blog yet?!"



[a very accomplished and humbled] wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment