Friday, March 26, 2010

Consider My Game Stepped Up

When I was in middle school, I could barely keep up with honors classes.
When I was in high school, my GPA was not enough to get into decent colleges.
While I'm in college, my GPA is not good enough to study abroad.
While I'm in college, my GPA is also not good enough for Grad school.
According to my Mother.

If/When I go to Grad school, I can't wait to see what my mom will think that GPA won't be good enough for because there's nothing higher than that.

Keep telling yourself that you're just pushing me harder, Mom.
Keep telling yourself that you're just making sure I'm approaching things logically and realistically because it definitely does not sound like you have zero faith in me at all.

But I'm done taking it personally. Winter Quarter 2010 was exceptionally hard for me. If you have even the slightest sense of what I had to do, I think your mentality would change.

I needed to get B's in both LJ classes to move on.
I'm sorry my other classes had to take a hit in order for me to do better in those classes, but sometimes you need to make the sacrifice and I was willing to do that. You obviously missed the part when I spent 2 weekends holed up in my room working on these papers for LJ. The 2 times a week I went to office hours to make sure that paper was golden. The 2 times I woke up at 4 in the morning to go observe rowing practice. The times this quarter where I almost threw up out of stress.

Sorry you missed out on that, Mom. Sorry you have some weird need to cut down my achievements.

But what's new? I'm not even phased by your negative comments anymore. Your level of satisfaction is astronomical. Even when my sister only has 10 weeks of her college career, you still feel the need to suggest different majors and the health care field. And although you still think you can convince me to change to the health care field, it's impossible now.
It's ironic because you told me "Do what ever you want, just get it done in four years." I'll get this LJ major and Film and Media minor done in 4 years, but if you want me to switch into the health care field now, I'll probably be in school for another 2 years.

Little venting there Soupers, but seriously, I'm extremely relieved that I made those grades. I understand my GPA needs major improvement, but man those LJ classes were killing me and I'm glad to see that stress paid off and I'm also happy to know that I can push myself to make improvements instead of waving the white flag.

Now that I know my grades, I will post up the articles for sure. I don't think I've ever felt more confident about my work until and you all should have the chance to read it.

This is what I would have done if I wasn't at home

Mick Fanning ASP World Champion


Steven Gerrard, Liverpool FC captain


Roger Federer, Greatest tennis player in the history of the game



wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment