Thursday, April 22, 2010

Right On Track


Soupers, today I visited my counselor again with much happier results.

I am on track to officially declare myself as a Literary Journalism major with a Film and Media minor. The weight isn't completely off my shoulders, until I'm declared...actually the weight won't fully be off until I have that diploma in my hand raised to the sky while letting out an obnoxiously loud yell of victory. Perhaps adding in a victorious pelvic thrust as well, but...that might come off as inappropriate.

I have also been weighing my options about studying abroad and it's still very much up in the air. In the words of my counselor, "Well, the two hardest departments to study abroad in are Lit Journalism and Film and Media...and you're in both." However, there are still options open so we'll see what happens. I'm working on a roadmap right now to ensure I'm out in 4 years.

Tangent: That was interesting wording. "I'm out in 4 years." Don't prisoners usually say that? I'm not a prisoner here. I like it here. If I could, I would stay here and get a degree in every program possible, then when I come out I will be 40 years old, millions of dollars in debt, but I will be the most marketable person in the world. Actually, no I wouldn't do that. Who wants to hang out with a 30 year old college student. Weird-o.

It's funny, I figured by now things would be settling down. I would have a declared major, I know where I'm living next year, I should know whether I'm studying abroad or not. But the dust never settles. I'm trying to find a job. I'm applying for ASUCI (UCI student government). I'm meeting new people. And for some reason, I feel fine with it. I don't feel like I'm struggling to keep my head above the water.

Let's keep it up alright?


Wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment