Monday, August 24, 2009

And that's why...

Well, after being extremely tired from Warped Tour, I was invited to go jetskiing out at Mission Bay the morning after. I'm not sure if it was against my better judgment to go, but I'm glad I did...after I got there.

My body was still tired from Warped Tour and being thrashed around on a jetski and tube didn't seem like the best way to help it.

Nevertheless, I was told that I would first have to ride the tube before getting on the jetski, did I say told? I think the words forced against my will and peer pressured are more appropriate. Anyhow, riding the tube isn't as bad as it sounds. I'm not really sure if you put your life more in the hands of the person driving the jetski or in Sir Isaac Newton, but it's still fun. I mean your butt becomes jelly after basically being slapped over and over again, plus there the chance of being thrown off and landing badly, but it didn't happen. Damn good thing the water was warm.

However, the subject of this is a lesson about a tube, the engine running and a rope around my arm. Do not ever mix those. I was wrapping the rope around my arm to pull the tube in after my friend had been throw off. Yeah didn't really process that the engine was still running until my sister accelerated and the rope tensed pulling me into the water and wrapping my arm in it. It was pretty bad because it was stuck on my thumb as well, pulling it away from the rest of my fingers. So many things could've gone wrong. I could've broken my thumb or wrist, the rope could've cut into my arm badly, things like that.

Broken thumb probably would've been the worst, I mean how am I supposed to play Halo or write with a broken thumb? (yes in that order).

But instead I just ended up with this:





Basically massive rope burn. I guess I've been good about drinking my milk because I seriously thought my thumb would be pointing towards my body after that whole thing.

I think that experience was as close to being constricted by a giant snake as I'll ever get...unless I actually get constricted by a giant snake.

So lesson learned, jetskiing is still badass, I loved it. We went off some huge wakes and got the entire thing out of the water, hence the badassness of it all. My entire body is sore today, mostly in the thighs, glutes and lower back, but it was totally worth it.





wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment