Monday, August 10, 2009

I guess that's an improvement?

I've been talking with my mom lately. First she wasn't happy about my grades of course, I saw that coming because I wasn't happy either. I think she realized I knew I wasn't doing well, but she just had to say something. So she decided to mention how I wouldn't get into Grad School with an average GPA like that. Grad School...that shouldn't happen for another 3 years. Granted it's not a lot of time in college time, but still. How about once I declare a major I'll be taking classes I'm actually interested in and good at thus equaling better grades?

Yeah so I told her that grad school was far away and I need to declare a major first that opened up that wound again. Fuck, but she's gradually realizing I'm not going to be come a pharmacist or doctor and instead decided to preach about going into Public Health. So I guess I'd be studying the spreading of diseases and such which isn't too bad, I guess. Anyhow, I'm not going to change my major or school affiliation because I want to go into journalism way too much. My plan is to take the Intro to Lit Journalism and fall in love with it then minor in Public Health. Because if I were to try and major in Public Health I'd have to take Chem, Bio and Math series that people in my year have already finished so it's not logical, at least not to me.

Plus Journalism is a little more artsy so I guess minoring in Public Health is more science oriented so I can look a bit more well rounded?

Who knows, I just keep stressing myself over things like this. It just seems like so many people know the direction they're heading down to the very last detail and I'm sitting here going, "Um...can I just take pictures for Surfer Magazine or something?"

Whatever, in better news, I found out some classes I need for my school requirements are offered at a place called, University of London?! Yessssss Study abroad Summer 2011! AND UCI career center posted an internship at Surfing Magazine so I think if I work hard and get that internship, my mom will feel a little more at ease with my major. But there are a lot of variables and "IFs" that must be dealt with when the time comes.

For right now, I'm going to continue surfing and enjoying summer.


Wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment