Monday, August 31, 2009

Walt Disneyworld of Marvel?

I woke up this morning and found out that Disney bought Marvel comics for a whopping 4 billion dollars.

In my opinion, 4 billion dollars seems a little small for acquiring the ownership rights of icons like X-Men, Fantastic 4, Iron Man, etc. But I'm not an investor so I don't know a lot about it, but I seriously doubt either of these two companies will be losing money any time soon.

However, I'm still not sure what to think of this. I hope the Disney CEOs are smart enough to realize what they have done and how much of a fan base they have just picked up along with the fact that said fan base can easily turn on them if any Marvel characters are ruined.

Some people are saying that the comics will now become "Disney-fied" I guess meaning that they'll lose a bit of their edge in order to be more family friendly, but I doubt that will happen.

My only worry is that if I so much as smell the Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus making an appearance in a Marvel movie or in any comics for that matter, I'll be gravely disappointed in Marvel.



wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment