Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Holy Guacamole


Hey amigos, sorry I haven't posted ANYTHING since I moved back to Irvine. It's just been crazy up here now that I'm in my own apartment, seeing old friends, getting back in the routine of classes and overall just getting back into action. It's been just an absolute whirlwind. So I guess I'll just update you on what's been going on.

I'm currently taking Linguistics, Spanish, Writing and Film & Media.

Linguistics so far looks like it's going to be my hardest class just because I have no idea what it is, but that it has to do with the formation of language and things like that. Or as my professor put it, using the scientific method to look at language. Yes, but if it gives me math credit without actually having to do math...FULL STEAM AHEAD!

Spanish is extremely easy so far, but I am in the lowest part of the series so hopefully it will continue to be somewhat easy.

Writing seems chill for right now. People always said how hard this class would be, but my theme is on success stories so I'm expecting all the essays to become a huge biography. Hopefully I'll get a good person to write about. But if I want to go into journalism, there is no reason to complain about writing now.

Film & Media is awesome. I watched Psycho for the first time last night. Classic as I assumed. I'm looking forward to watching a lot of movies people reference like Apocalypse Now, Momento and Raging Bull.

I guess it's a pretty solid schedule. This is the quarter where my grades need to rocket. A 2.8-2.9 GPA in unacceptable on so many levels, but obviously I'm going to try and get A's in every class, however I'm most confident I can get it in Film & Media and Spanish.

I guess what I'm mostly looking forward to is possibly working for the newspaper. I went to an information session and spoke with the editors of the Sports and Entertainment sections. Basically I have to write 4 articles to become a staff writer and get paid. We'll see how it goes.

That's life here so far. Smooth sailing right now, but I have a feeling it's going to pick up speed really quickly.

Oh and the picture above is the view from my room at night.




wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment