Thursday, September 17, 2009

Skyshow


Skyshow has been a tradition between my close circle of friends since 7th or 8th grade. Our group changed through the years, but there was still an original core constantly showing up. As of 2009 we had our smallest group of originals show up. Sad as it is, it's completely understandable as well. Life gets in the way right? I would love to share my friend's dream of going until we're 30, but I know I won't be able to show up to every single one. Who knows, maybe this will be the thing that holds us together. I find it harder for myself to keep in touch with them. The odds are stacked against me.

They all go to college in San Diego, I don't.
They all went Greek, I didn't.
They all see each other almost on a regular basis, I don't.

Though as my departure date grows closer, I'll say that I didn't feel like I was the odd person out when I saw them all again.

There are a lot of things I hope change this year, but there are a lot of things I hope stay the same.

This is deeper than friendship. This is 8 years of life together. This is Family and speaking of Family, the same thing applies to my Irvine Family.

My memories are nothing without them.
My tears are nothing without them.
My laughter is nothing without their laughter.
My happiness is nothing without their happiness.

My life is nothing without their life.



wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment