Friday, September 18, 2009

Is it dawn or dusk?



It's currently the night before I venture back to UCI for another year. I've found that I learned a lot more about myself this summer than I expected.

I learned that even though I did well in high school and attend a 4 year university, I'm still not qualified enough to have a job...at least not a Kohls, Nordstroms, Borders, Barnes and Noble and Target.

I learned that I shouldn't rely on other people for money towards something I really want. Don't rely completely on birthday money for a new camera, it just doesn't work.

I learned that my mom will continue to tell me to go into the health care industry until my ears bleed...then say that the world does need journalists...then continue to encourage me to go into health care...because "there will always be a need for health care workers." Won't there also always be news happening around the world?

I learned that bodysurfing is legit, skimboarding is legit to photograph and Marine Street smells like rotten eggs resulting in you smelling like rotten eggs.

I learned that Taco Tuesday rocks.

I learned that the zoo is way more fun when you don't have to do anything school related with it.

I learned that some people change...which can sometimes be bad.

I learned that some people never change...which can sometimes also be bad.

I learned that I could probably drive various places with my eyes closed. EX: AJ's house, Pacific Beach, South Mission Beach, La Jolla, Sarita's.

I learned that I'm close enough to my friends from UCI that they'll come down to San Diego to visit...multiple times.

I learned that, to some people, I'm boyfriend material and to others, I seem like a respectable guy that they would probably go out with.

I learned that devoted photographers sit outside on their balcony for hours photographing the moon and the stars.

I learned that even though I'm the only one out of my group of friends that is moving away, it makes seeing them constantly for a couple months more meaningful.

Apparently the learning didn't stop when I left UCI. I played hard this summer, now it's time to work hard.

Round 2 UCI. Better bring your A game.



wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment