Thursday, October 8, 2009

Stoked a bit



Some big things are in the making right now, amigos. This is a good way to start the year. Of course, my classes are going well for now, I'm actually more confident that I can get straight A's now which is always good right? Right. And I've been playing tennis at least twice a week now so it will always be a good time when I'm on the court.

Most importantly, I proposed an article to the UCI newspaper, New University and they accepted it. So the weekend of October 17/18 I'll be attending a profession skimboarding competition in Newport and writing about it. I'm pretty stoked because the policy is to have 4 article written before I become a staff writer and get paid for writing, plus I get the experience and published material...and get paid...but that's neither here nor there. I'm actually a bit nervous about writing it, I mean I've written for the yearbook before, but never had my name directly attached to it, but this is like big time bold letters that basically attach IF HE MESSES THIS UP, HE IS STUPID!! It's a little intimidating. I think yearbook lured me into a feeling that I could be well known by taking pictures. Pictures sometimes required no explanation because everything is there before you. But this is different. However, I'm channeling all the positive feedback I've received from people who read this blog to helping me write this article well. You all are pushing me to bigger and better things and I couldn't be more thankful for you.

I'm not sure if this is what my mom meant when she said to get my grades up. Seems like I'm doing way more than I was last year, but this might be good because I'll have to set specific times to study and things like that.

Another reason for getting the GPA up is requirements for studying abroad! Woo hoo! I know for sure now that I will be heading across the pond to Europe, unless there are outstanding circumstances to which the alternative will be Aussieland. But yes, I would like to go to the UK or Spain since I have to take so much spanish I might as well put it to use right? But I need at least a 3.2 to be able to go. Time to step up the game and get it.

Thanks for reading kids. This was a long one. Whew.


wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment