Friday, March 13, 2009

Boycott Israel

I picked up UCI's school newspaper today, The New University. I've always been a little skeptical about it especially when they wrote an article ripping on my RA about something he really had no control over, but that's beside the point. The more interesting part was a full page ad I found on the 25th page. It begins with the headline : Committed to Boycotting Israel?

First, when did we decide to boycott Israel? I'm not very informed, but I thought we're at war with Iraq. But the best part is yet to come as they list ways we can boycott Israel.

Direct Quote:

Be Zion-Free - do not use:
Cellphones (you can keep the case)
Voice mail and cellphone camera chip
AIM, ICQ, instant messaging
Google (runs on Israeli search algorithms)
Microsoft Windows XP or Vista, Microsoft Office
Intel microchip, Pentium chip and microprocessor
Firewalls and virus protection software


I'll give you a moment to place your face in your palm.
Wow...to borrow from the segment on SNL's Weekend Update called "Really?!" I say, Really? Are you serious? No listen to me, are you serious? Do people who feel that strongly about boycotting Israel actually do all of this? Because I would like to meet the person who is living right this second who has decided to give up using their cellphone, firewalls, Windows, and Google. GOOGLE! Really?! Do you really expect people to stop using Google? And do you really expect people to not use Windows? Yay for Mac supremacy but Windows? And I suppose you should just get rid of firewalls and virus protection so people can steal your identity right?
This ad has just made me speechless and it's rediculousness. It is quite LOL-tacular. I'd like to meet whoever posted this ad and ask them if they have really stopped using Google and their cellphones and then proceed look around and make sure I'm not standing in a cave because that's probably where one would be living if they didn't use those things.

Anyway, that's all for today. Study hard for final.

wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment