Sunday, July 26, 2009

Comic Con 2009

Comic Con 2009 was quite the adventure. We started by taking the trolley, going about 4 stops then my friend saying "Oh, I forgot to print out the tickets." After some weak laughter, he continued, "No I'm serious."

Luckily our trolley system is pretty efficient and we made it back really easily. I'd never been on the San Diego trolley before today, sad huh? I've been on trolleys in Australia, Hong Kong, Washington DC and New York, but never in San Diego. It was kind of a new perspective, I'm always used to being in a car looking at the train go past, but now it was the opposite.

Anyhow so we got there and realized there weren't any amazing panels happening on Sunday except for Seth Macfarlane, creator of Family Guy and American Dad. We went anyway and it was really cool surprisingly. They actually showed us an entire episode pretty much in the process of which it will be created. By that I mean they started with the people reading straight from the script, then showing it in pre-animation in just black and white, then finally in full animation and color.

We got some pretty awesome SWAG too. Lots and lots of posters including a huge Halo poster that's pretty cool.

I dunno, this years comic con compared to last years wasn't that great, but I still had a ton of fun. Depending on summer school next year that will decide if I get a 4 Day Pass or not, because it's totally worth it. I can't stand missing the chance the see celebrities and footage of awesome movies that haven't been released yet.

My only disappointment was not seeing the giant pikachu.


WHITE RANGER!!!



Cool Mech Walker from James Cameron's "Avatar" (not to be mixed up with Avatar: The Last Airbender)



Ironmen? Actually Ironman Mark I-IV



Most legit Master Chief costume I've ever seen



Seth Macfarlane




wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment