Thursday, July 16, 2009

That was surprising

I was under the impression I would only receive rejection letters from colleges...that is until I got one from Nordstrom.

It reads:
"Thank for you for your recent application for employment with Nordstrom Fashion Valley. We sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. Unfortunately, we do not have any employment opportunities that meet your qualifications at this time. However, your application will remain active on file with us for 60 days. If you're interested in working for Nordstrom in the future, you're welcome to reapply at anytime. Again, thank you for your application. We wish you the very best in your employment search."

Now I would like to have you read the rejection letter I recieved from UC Santa Barbra

"Thank you for applying to the University of California, Santa Barbra. After careful consideration of your application, I am sorry to say we will be unable to offer you admission as a freshman for the fall 2008 term...Be assured that our admissions officers looked closely at your grades, course work...I am confident that you will have many opportunities to achieve your educational goals, perhaps at another UC campus...Again thank you for your interest in UC Santa Barbra. I wish you every success in achieving your educational goals.

The similarities are so funny.

But the best is this:

Nordstrom: "Again, thank you for your application. We wish you the very best in your employment search."

UCSB: "Again, thank you for your interest in UC Santa Barbra. I wish you every success in achieving your educational goals."

Real original.

At least Nordstrom said I could reapply, UCSB's letter of appeal section basically said, "You can write us a letter of appeal if you'd like, but we won't read it...and even if we did, you still won't get in. :D"




wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment