Monday, July 13, 2009

Oh Grow Up!

It's been a fact that we've all had to grow up at some point. Some of us do it faster than others, but even if we don't physically feel it, it happens whether we like it or not.

I felt myself grow up today. It's an...interesting feeling to say the least. For a moment I think I experienced everything my mom did when she dropped me off at college.

I remember hearing her say "When I get back from Japan, I'm going to come home to a very empty and very quiet house."

I did the same thing today...or yesterday rather. I dropped my mom off at a hotel in LA before she embarks on a 2 week trip through China. (Don't ask me why I didn't go with her) I made a very lonely drive back down to San Diego and pulled into a very empty and very quiet house.

I can't quite figure out how people live alone. It's almost unsettling knowing full well there isn't another being in close proximity.

But it's a growing experience I'll appreciate in the long run.



wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment