Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tourists...



Well after HP6 I slept for about 6 hours and woke up to go surfing. Must be summer huh?
Anyhow we got to the beach and the surf was pretty small so I took my "banana boat" out instead of my short one.

Yeah it's called the Banana Boat because it's bright yellow with super fat rails to it's basically unsinkable and takes a really big effort to flip over. I learned on it so it must be good quality.

First, I didn't realize going from a short board to my "banana boat" was going to be a huge change, like going from a sports car to a hummer. Normally on my short board, I'm basically swimming out to the waves and sitting up to my abs in water because it's so thin and light, HOWEVER the banana boat just rolls over waves and I'm only about waist deep in the water.

Anyhow, the picture above is what happened when I was catching a wave and saw two tourists on those foam boards from costsco or something right in front of me. Since I couldn't turn I had to shoot through them, but my board still kind of hit one of theirs and I had to bail. I just didn't realize how shallow the water was when I dove in and scrapped my face against the ocean floor.

I can't hate on the tourists too much, at least they're out there trying right? We all have to start somewhere. I guess being the more experienced surfer, I should have moved away from them. Plus they kind of apologized. But aside from all that, WHAT THE HECK?! Now I'm the one with the bleeding forehead and possibly long term memory loss!

Not really, it's not big deal. I did it last summer, why not this summer too right?


God damn tourists...



wildwombat

1 comment:

  1. Dude! thought you were doing your Gorbachev impression

    ReplyDelete