Monday, April 6, 2009

Photolympics

So apparently UCI has this photo contest called the Photolympics and I'm actually going to enter it. I've never really entered any other photo contests except for the San Diego County Fair contest, but I never really considered that a real contest since they give you a third place ribbon just for submitting something. So I thought I'd put my work out for UCI to see. A couple people told me I should do it and it makes me happy that they think of me when they hear of photography. Hopefully it will go well, but I had some trouble with the people at the bookstore.

I asked 3 people I think about the contest and none of them knew what it was, even though there are signs all over ring road and IN THE BOOKSTORE!! Let's try to be a little more perceptive alright? Although I enjoyed hearing the girls behind the customer service desk saying this:

Girl 1: So like what should I text him?
Girl 2: "Uh hello, why are you an asshole?"
Girl 1: But all he sent me was **** + ******
Girl 2: ****...he's fucking cheating on you...(turns to me) Here's his email, I would try contacting him first.
Me: Thanks...

So that was...fun I guess?
Anyway, Holy Moley, there's only 8 weeks left of my first year of college! Ay ay ay!! They say time flies when you're having fun and I must be having the time of my life because my first year has flown by. But now is not the time to remember it because it's still going so I guess look for an extended blog about my impressions of my first year at UCI.

Oh and in case you forgot/didn't know:

Yes...completion is near!

wildwombat

No comments:

Post a Comment